- About Us
- Referral Rewards Program
- Contact Us
- Pet Library
- Informational Pages
Welcome to Lakewood Animal Hospital!
WE ARE OPEN
HOWEVER DUE TO CONCERN FOR
THE HEALTH OF OUR STAFF,
CLIENTS, AND COMMUNITY
WE HAVE INSTITUTED A
Please read below:
Dear Valued Clients,
Our veterinarians have taken an oath to "strive to promote animal health and welfare, relieve animal suffering, (and) protect the health of the public". Due to concerns about the novel coronavirus and COVID-19, Lakewood Animal hospital is taking additional precautionary measures to keep our staff, doctors, patients, and clients safe, while continuing to provide essential patient care. As of Monday March 16th, we are adopting a drive-up and drop-off policy for all patient visits which will only allow hospital personnel inside our building.
- Upon arrival to Lakewood we ask that clients call our office at 540-972-2203 and remain in your vehicle.
-You will be connected with a staff member who will obtain a history, discuss information needed to proceed with the appointment, and provide an initial estimate over the phone.
- A staff member will come to your vehicle to get your pet and bring your pet into the hospital for his/her appointment. They will also bring you a pen, our email address, and any paperwork to be completed. You will be asked to complete this in your vehicle and email us a picture of each completed document. Cats will not be taken into the building for examination unless they arrive in a closed carrier. Dogs need to be on a leash as they exit your vehicle. Again, we ask that you remain in or near your vehicle to avoid clients congregating at the front door.
- After your pet is examined the doctor will call you to discuss recommendations and provide you with a verbal estimate as well as an expected wait time. If it is necessary/advised for your pet to stay with us for the day there will not be an additional admission fee.
- At the conclusion of your pet's visit, all discharge information will be given by a staff member via telephone.
- Once the phone discharge is complete, payment will be taken over the phone (no cash/check/Care Credit), and a staff member will return your pet to your vehicle with any necessary medications.
Requests for prescription refills and pet diets will be handled in a similar manner. We ask that clients remain in you vehicle and call our office letting us know that you have arrived in the parking lot. We will take payment over the phone and bring the items directly to your vehicle.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we thank you for your patience during this temporary change in protocol.
The Doctors and Staff of Lakewood Animal Hospital
Lakewood Animal Hospital is a full service companion animal hospital in Locust Grove, VA. We serve Locust Grove as well as the surrounding areas of Fredericksburg, Orange, Spotsylvania and Culpeper. We are located in the Marketplace at Lake of the Woods shopping center directly across from the Lake of the Woods front entrance (the Food Lion shopping center). At Lakewood Animal Hospital our mission is to enhance the human-animal bond by providing compassionate, state-of-the-art medical, surgical and dental care to our patients. Our services and facilities are designed to assist in routine preventive care for young healthy pets, early detection and treatment of disease as your pet ages, and medical and surgical care as necessary during his or her lifetime.
We welcome daytime urgent care & emergency patients!
In the event of an after hours emergency, please call or visit:
Virginia Veterinary Center
Please contact us at (540) 972-2203 for all of your veterinary needs.
We do not check messages or e-mail after hours, on weekends, or on holidays! For non-emergencies, please leave a message and we will respond on our next business day.