New COVID-19 Protocols
Please read below:
UPDATED August 16, 2021
LAKEWOOD WILL RESUME CURBSIDE ONLY SERVICE due to the rising number of COVID-19 cases in our area. We are taking additional precautionary measures to keep our staff, doctors, patients, and clients safe, while continuing to provide essential patient care.
Upon arrival to Lakewood we ask that clients call our office at 540-972-2203 and remain in your vehicle.
- You will be connected with a staff member who will obtain a history, discuss information needed to proceed with the appointment, and provide and initial estimate over the phone.
- A staff member will come to your vehicle to get your pet and bring your pet into the hospital for his/her appointment. (They will also bring you a pen, our email address and any paperwork to be completed. You will be asked to complete this in your vehicle and then email us a picture of each completed document.) Cats will not be taken into the building for examination unless they arrive in a closed carrier. Dogs need to be on a leash as they exit your vehicle. Again, we ask that you remain in or near your vehicle to avoid clients congregating at the front door. Please continue to wear a mask while handing off your pet to our staff, especially if you are unvaccinated. Our staff will not reach into a vehicle to retrieve a pet so please be prepared to remove the cat/small dog carrier and set in on the ground and/or remove your dog from your vehicle on a leash.
- After your pet is examined, the doctor will call you to discuss recommendations and provide you with a verbal estimate as well as an expected wait time. If it is necessary/advised for your pet to stay with us for the day there will not be an additional admission fee.
- At the conclusion of your pet’s visit, all discharge information will be given by a staff member via telephone.
- Once the phone discharge is complete, payment will be taken over the phone (no cash/check payments), and a staff member will return your pet to your vehicle with any necessary medications.
- Requests for prescription refills and pet diets will be handled in a similar manner. We ask that clients remain in your vehicle and call our office letting us know that you have arrived in the parking lot. We will take payment over the phone and bring the items directly to your vehicle.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we thank you for your patience.